These are my personal reviews of places I’ve actually stayed. These are solely my own observations and opinions, and are not paid reviews. The list will grow as I stay more places.
And yes, I am something of a TripAdvisor junkie, because I think they have the most fair, comprehensive and useful online reviews. I use their site extensively myself when deciding on places to go, things to do, places to eat and sometimes to stay.
You will notice quite a few Thousand Trails/Encore resorts listed here. That’s because I’m a member, and it’s this membership that allows me to live on the road full time, while still being able to afford to stay in nice campgrounds with reliable power so I can work. If you have enough solar power, or don’t mind running your generator a lot, or don’t need to work while you’re on the road, you won’t need to worry about that. I’m still working toward building a large enough solar array to be able to stay off-grid indefinitely.
- Casita Verde RV Resort – Casa Grande, AZ (Encore/Thousand Trails)
- Forest Lake RV & Camping Resort – Advance, NC (Thousand Trails)
- Granite Hill Camping Resort – Gettysburg, PA
- Sweetwater Campground, Allatoona Lake – Cartersville, GA (Corps of Engineers)
- Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort – Cottonwood, AZ (Thousand Trails)